Sunday, September 29, 2013


Music is my Passion
By Mohammed AL-Abdulla
8/ 29/13

            Music is something I sleep with and wake up with everyday. I have liked music ever since I was in middle school.  In Qatar, my cousins and I played music almost every day; sometimes we played music at the beach. Middle school is when I began to sing.  One could say that what made me love music is probably genetic. I say that because my uncles from my mother’s side used to play music when they were young. Once I started to sing, I really enjoyed it. Plus, I felt that by singing I could express my feelings. In the beginning, I started to sing with my friends and then after a while I started to sing in front of my family. Some people, friends included, suggested that I enter contests such as Star Academy or Dubai Media Incorporated- Najm AL -Khaleej. They told me that my voice is “not too shabby and I should give it shot”. Sometimes my friends and cousins in Qatar call me and ask me to sing for them. There are different kinds of music that I like to listen to. Some are in Arabic and some are in English.

             The first kind of Arabic music that I would like talk about is national day music. I like the national day music because it represents the country. Also, it has words that make me proud of my country such as the success the country has reached. Also, it expresses the love I have for the country that I am from.  I love both the United States and the States of Qatar even though I listen to the national day music in Arabic. Also, it makes me thank the government for everything it is doing for me and for the people who live in the country. 

            Another type of music that I would like to talk about are the expressive Arabic songs.  I like these kinds of songs because it sings about people lives. For example, some songs are about poor and rich people. Also, it talks about how people feel, such as happy, sad and lonely. The artists who sing expressive songs explain their feelings, like why he likes to be lonely. The singers of expressive songs have certain sounds to them. For example, certain expressive songs are sung in a sad tune. These songs have different tunes to express feelings and captures people’s emotion. Also, there is a category in expressive songs called Samri. This kind of music is seen in weddings in Qatar as well as around the Arabian Peninsula.  So, these are couple of types of music that I like to listen to in Arabic.
            There are different types of music that I like to listen to in English. The first one that I would like to talk about is Hip Hop music.  I like this music because of the beat and how it has rapping in it. The artist of the Hip-Hop music sings what is inside of him and how the singer is feeling. This type of music captures my emotions. I turn up the radio when I hear it because the beat makes me want to dance. One of my favorite Hip-Hop songs is “Soulja Boy Tell’em- Crank That,” by Soulja Boy.  I like this song because of the upbeat rhythm and the dance that the singers do in the video.
            The second kind of music that I like to listen to is rap. I like rap music because I can relate to it. For example, I can relate to the song “When I’m Gone,” by Eminem. When I listen to this song it captures my feelings of how I felt when I lost somebody that I cared so much about. Also, it wants me to do something for someone who is in danger important, but that is not the case for me at all because rap music shows me things from different angles and make me feel things from different ways. When talking about Rap and Hip Hop you can interchange the two words because they are very similar in style. Also, countries around the world started to rap in their mother such as some of the Arabic countries. 
            The third kind of music that I listen to in English is Pop music. I like pop music because of the soft beat and it makes me relax. I like to listen to Craig David. The sound of his voice is nice because it is easy for me to understand the lyrics. One of the songs that I like to listen to is called “I am Walking Away”. The reason why I like this song is because it tells me that sometimes it is good to walk away when you have worked so hard on fixing a personal relationship that just is not working out. Other times you need to change the group you hangout with if they have a negative influence on your life.

 Photo of national day:
 







 Samri:












Singers who sing expressive Songs:
Bashir Hamad Shannon

   Fahd bin Said




 Fahd Abdul Mohsen


                 Rap music: Eminem









Hip Hop Music: Sulja boy 













Pop Music: Craig David 











Video
expressive Songs:
rap music:
Hip hop music :
Pop music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxRRCxfRvI








No comments:

Post a Comment